Technology will be integrated throughout the Manchester-Shortsville Central School District so that all learners will be technologically proficient in our rapidly changing society.
Technology Guiding Beliefs
The guiding beliefs are broad and far-reaching statements that guide our goals and determine the direction we are taking when it comes to technology in our district.
WE BELIEVE THAT:
1. Becoming a successful citizen in our society is dependent upon the effective use of technology and technological devices.
2. We must provide access to technology as a tool for all students, staff, and community in order to encourage problem solving, exploration and learning.
3. Technology should be an integrated natural aspect of the curriculum and school environment. (Aligned with State Standards)
4. Technology should be utilized as tools by students and staff to enhance the learning process and to expand services to students.
5. On-going support and training for staff and students are necessary components for effective technology use.
6. Recognizing the rapidly changing nature of technology, our district plan should be reviewed regularly to ensure our staff and students are continually learning, have access to state of the art technology, are able to seamlessly use and integrate technology and are prepared for the future.