Mrs. Karen Hall
The middle school concept was designed around creating an environment that addresses the unique social, academic and emotional needs of children in grades 6-8. At Red Jacket Middle School, we are committed to creating and maintaining that culture.
There are several initiatives that are important to focus on during the upcoming school year in order to ensure that RJMS students are reaching their potential.
- Attendance- it is critical that students are in attendance at school so that they do not miss instruction. Students that miss more than 15% of school days may be referred for interventions. When students are absent, a note should be sent in upon their return documenting the reason for the absence.
- Parent Involvement- we recognize that parents play a crucial role in their child’s education and seek to build partnerships with parents and guardians to ensure that success of each student.
- Homework- homework is specially designed practice to solidify understanding of new concepts presented daily. Set a homework routine- a specific time and place- to ensure completion of daily and long term assignments. Students should use their planners to write down assignments, as well as access their teacher’s google classroom pages, websites, or call a friend if they forget.
The teachers and staff at RJMS work as a team to support each student and inspire them to learn and achieve. We pride ourselves on a family-like atmosphere, where we care about each student’s academic success and social and emotional well-being.
We encourage parents to sign up for and use the Parent Portal, our school’s online gradebook system, which provides real-time access to students grades as teachers enter them. There will be a tutorial before Open House to learn how to access and use Parent Portal.
Important Upcoming Events:
- First day of school for students- September 7th
- Open House- October 4th @ 7:00 pm
- Parent Portal Tutorial @ 6:30 pm
- Title I Parent Information Session @ 6:30 pm
- Picture Day-September 22 and 23, Make-up Day- October 27th
At RJMS, we are continuing our focus on implementing Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports by highlighting the positive things happening in our school and providing intervention when needed. Our students are honored for their good deeds by earning PRIDE points this year, and Students of the Month are selected at each grade level. PRIDE stands for Partnership, Respect, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence, and these values are at the core of our expectations and beliefs.
With Red Jacket PRIDE,
We will challenge all learners and work in partnership with students, parents and community to achieve high standards.