Kindergarten Registration - Class of 2030!

Kindergarten Registration

For Students starting Kindergarten in September, 2017

Any child who will become five years of age on or before December 1, 2017 is eligible for registration.  In addition, New York Compulsory Education Law 3205 states that children who will turn six on or before December 1, 2017 are required to attend school during the 2017–2018 school year.

The necessary forms to facilitate this part of the registration process are below, please complete them and bring them with you when you meet with Sue Vanderwall (Registrar) to register your child (please note: there is a section that your child needs to complete and two places where they need to "sign" their name). We also ask that you bring a copy of your child’s current immunization record (even though we realize your child may not be completely immunized yet), the school nurse would like to review your child’s status at registration time. The other items we request that you bring with you are: proof of your child’s age and proof of residency (please see attached types of acceptable evidence). Please call Sue at 585-289-3964 x3308 when you have everything completed to set up a time to meet.

If you do not intend to enter your child in September, please contact the Elementary School at your earliest convenience.  The number is (585) 289-9647.



You must provide the following documents before we can register your student:

1. Proof of student age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, court document that has age indicated on it, etc.)

2. Proof of residency**
-Driver's license with in-district address
-Current utility bill (within 30 days) indicating the service address
-Rental/lease agreement
-Home purchase offer (only good for 90 days)

3. Copy of physician's record of immunizations - NY School Immunization Requirements

4. Copy of most recent physical (must have been within 12 months of school start date)

5. Copy of dental health certificate (must have been within 12 months of school start date)

6. Custody or guardianship paperwork, if applicable (e.g. divorce or separation agreement indicating custody, etc.)

** Note on Residency - We will only register students who have shown proper residency paperwork and are valid inhabitants in the Manchester-Shortsville Central School District boundaries, unless families in temporary residences fall within the provisions of the McKinney-Vento Act.  

Please print and complete the 
forms below, prior to registration, and then bring them with you
(or call 585-289-3964 x3308 and request the forms be mailed to you).